September, we still think that there is plenty of time til the end of the year, but reality is that there are just over 3 months. So are you feeling confident and optimist about your business? Are you on track for sales? When was the last time you visited your business or marketing plan? What can you do now to create a positive impact on sales and profits before the year ends?
With France known for issuing requests for a variety of bills after Summer: tax to impots, household taxes and CFE for businesses due in December. We all want a little left over for the Christmas turkey!!
What you could be doing in September
- Review business and marketing plans. What hasn't worked? What can be eliminated so that you are not wasting any further money on it. What has worked, so you can continue to do more. Have you paid your suppliers/bills? Are you owed money? Have you sent reminders? Do you know what you need to bring in between now and year end to cover all of your household and business expenses?
- What new products or ideas have been whirring around? Can they fruition now? Create new promos, offers, campaigns. Are they ready to promote in newsletters, local events, social media. What worked well last year that can be repeated? What worked well during the year so far that can be repeated? What are your customers wanting from you?
- Have you thought about Christmas campaigns? They need planning and preparation. They need to be ready for website, newsletter and social media.
- Have you contacted your existing customers lately? Can you give them a head start of promos or offers in advance of Christmas? Where will you be? How can they take advantage? Make it easy for them to access.
- Refresh that website. Every website becomes a bit stale. What has been happening/new products or services that visitors should be seeing over the next few months? Are your contact details up to date?
- Have you got plenty of business cards, flyers and brochures til year end?
- Who are you meeting? Where can you network, lunch, socialise that means you are meeting new people?
- Are you attending any events or fayres or markets? Get this circulated - update your own social media spaces now - don't leave it to the last week. Share info about who, what, where and when.
If you need help, don't panic.. complete this contact form and let's get some time scheduled, sooner rather than later. As a fellow small business owner, I am fully aware of the time leaches that can affect and hinder the ability to move a busines forward. A creative hour with me will see ideas and plans turned into action.