But why should anyone like your page? What is it that you are offering or providing a new fan that they simply must click that like button? Asking them to like your page without detail or a reason to is no longer enough to excite a new fan into action. If someone said to you buy my magazine? What would an immediate response be? Mine would be 'why?' What kind of magazine is it? Will it appeal to me, do I want to read it? Will it have enough interesting content for me to buy it continuously? OK, Facebook is free [unless you are paying to boost posts and ads] but similar questions apply.
Is your page active? Is there plenty of content to read and engage with? Are you posting once a day, once a week, once a month? I get a 'feel' of who is posting regularly and who is not, and this morning before typing this post, I took a stroll through my likes on my business page and noticed that some pages have no consistency to posting content and there were a couple of pages that have not posted anything since Christmas. Now I am not suggesting for one minute that my own page is perfect, but I do try to place content and tips that are meaningful at least a few times during the week and encourage interaction. I also contribute these tips and links into private Facebook groups too.
Please remember, the validity of your Facebook page should not be driven by the number of likes that you have but by the quality of the relationship that you have with the people who have taken time out to be entertained, educated and at some point in their future may just want to buy from you.
Want more likes?
- Like buttons on your website and blog
- Facebook page link on your email signature
- Facebook link on your newsletter
- Is your page engaging, busy and have good content?
- Are you using a mix of good pictures and text?
- Are you asking questions and encouraging interaction?
- Offer incentives on your Facebook page to your current fans. Ask them to share
- Offer exclusive products/services to attract new likes - WARNING - this may mean you pay!
- Are you using your other social media platforms to drive traffic to your Facebook page - particularly if you are promoting an offer?