I did this yesterday on my personal timeline and tagged in Arbres et Abeilles as I had purchased a number of shrubs & trees before Christmas and the good weather of the past few days meant I could plant them in. So I tagged them in to give a bit of exposure and they responded.
First though your page needs to be taggable. Head to settings and click on Others Tagging This Page and make sure you have ticked the box to enable other people and pages to tag this page. Click save.
Think about what you want to ask? Create the question on your own Facebook Business page and be cleart that they share on their own timeline and tag your business page with @nameofbusiness.
You may want to include in your post why you are doing this – it’s about keeping your business out there. You as a business appreciate your customers and followers and during these unprecedented times as a business you are keeping in contact and their participation is hugely appreciated.
If appropriate share that post to your personal timeline.
If appropriate share to groups – customers may have come from groups. [Be respectful of group rules and only apply to any relevant themed posts that they may]
By them posting on their timeline and tagging your business page in, it will be seen by their friends and family and by you!
Here are some suggestions – you may well have others, but this is just to get those creative juices flowing:
- Share a picture or a memory of a time that you stayed with us - it could be a place, or food related and tag in your page [be mindful of the kind of content to be shared – respecting privacy of certain types of pictures]
- Have you planted something from us? If so, share a picture on your timeline of what you have planted and tag us in @nameofbusiness
- Have you purchased one of my paintings? Share a picture on your timeline and tag us in @nameofbusiness
- Have you purchased one of my handmade crafts? Share on your timeline and tag us in @nameofbusiness
- Share a picture of your pooch that has been groomed by me and tag me in @nameofbusiness
By asking your fans/customers to share like this you are expanding the reach of your business. So be sure to respond to every single tag and keep the conversation and engagement going.
Have other creative questions ready to post out over coming weeks, ideally once a week if appropriate. And over the next week or so, I am going to give some thought to other businesses that I have collaborated with or purchased from, post about it and tag them in. Every little helps.
Let me know how you get on.