Some might view kindness as not having monetary value in a business. But kindness in your business does contribute to your cash flow. See kindness as an invisible currency that you, the business owner, gets to spend everyday! A large chunk of our time is dedicated to doing our job. We all experience days where we are on the receiving end of unkindness from people for whatever reason. Best to not get mad but get kinder!! Much better to spend as much of our kindness currency as we can, as you never know it may be just what that recipient needs. No act of kindness is too small!
Some view kindness as a weakness. Kindness is actually a strength and is often clearly demonstrated with many brands and businesses that we associate ourselves with along with plenty of scientific and spiritual content to support this fact.
‘When we feel love and kindness toward others, it not only makes others feel loved and cared for, but it helps us also to develop inner happiness and peace.’ The 14th Dalai Lama
There are many ways to integrate kindness into our business and this topic leads nicely into letting readers know that Wednesday, November 13th is World Kindness Day. Here are some things to think about:
- Slow down and make time for kindness
- Be kind to yourself first!
- Let your customers know
- Get involved with a local initiative/charity/community cause
- Do something kind for nature, people, animals
- Offer kindness discounts/offers in the lead up to November 13th or the day itself or plan a flurry of random acts of kindness to unknowing recipients
- Connect and collaborate with other businesses
- Leave a positive review for other businesses
Spend your currency of kindness every day not just for November 13th.