- Are your 'About Yous' updated across your social media platforms? Do they need to be refreshed with new information? Is your website link on all of them?
- Look at your platforms and give them a tidy up. Delete followers and fans that are offering no followership or interaction. It is not a numbers game. Numbers may reduce but it is meaningful online relationships that you are nurturing. A tool like twitcleaner may be useful. Look at apps that are connected to your Twitter account, are they relevant? If not, revoke them.
- Have you started new accounts, thinking I will get back to them later, only for later to never arrive? Think about whether they have a place in your social media planning or delete them. Nothing worse than someone accidentally stumbling across you on a platform and it is barren.
- Freshen up your images. Is your bio photo recent and relevant? Are you using correct logo designs? Might be time to freshen up those cover pages no Facebook or Google+
- Does your email signature have links to your social media platforms? Have you added links to any Spring offers that you have launched?
- When was the last time you circulated a newsletter? Spring is an ideal time to share new products, services and news that will interest your readers.
- Is your printed material all set to connect you to social media platforms? Are your business cards, brochures and flyers fresh and relevant? Make sure all offline activity is geared toward allowing for online connection.
- Set aside regular time slots for social media. If you are spending time daily with your marketing activity, align social media with it. Sporadic pockets of activity allows for followers and fans to switch off, you want them switched on. Just 15 minutes a day is more powerful than 1 hour a month!
- Get planning! Spring will fly by and Summer will be on our doorstop. Start thinking now of what you will be offering and sharing for the Summer.
- Get a social mindset! A lot of people spend a lot of time online... FACT. Get yourself a comfy pair of social slippers and be as active as you can.
I hope these social media spring cleaning tips have been helpful and if the list can be improved, do let me know.