Now is the time for small business owners to take the bull by its horns and start planning virtual parties. I have mapped out a few things to get those Facebook Live Virtual Product Parties rolling. Start now and get a series of sale dates on your calendar and your Facebook Page so that you have plenty of time to prep.
OK so you can’t physically pack up your wares and head off to a market or fayre, so take the market to Facebook. Facebook loves live video so it makes sense to take advantage of this platform. While Covid has us using a variety of platforms, Facebook Live is where a lot of people feel familiar and comfortable using. There is no need to give your fans another link to click when you can interact with them directly from Facebook.
Planning is key for a successful event like this, so here goes with the preparation.
Getting Facebook Live ready
- Now going live in front of a camera can give many people palpitations, but relax! Think of it as being no different to being at a trade show, fair, market or networking event. YOU know your products better than anyone else. Share that passion and let your personality shine through.
- Plan your broadcast [introduce yourself, your business, what the Live is all about, your products, how people can buy them? Explain postage/shipping costs how can people get in touch with you after the Live etc]
- You can practice beforehand by operating only me mode. Do this as many times as you need to, so that you are comfortable with what you are saying and what you are doing.
- Get a tripod for a more stable stream, so that your hands are free for your products
- Check your connection speed and use your Wi-Fi whenever possible
- Pick date/time when you know your audience is going to be around
- Create invitation posts on your page. Give them as much pow wow as you can! Don’t just post once, repeat, using different visuals – save the date, Launching Live Party with Me!
- Maybe do a pre-live Live, let people know through an Facebook Live when you are hosting.
- Share to other group pages and your personal/professional networks
- Include in any email newsletter that you send
- Add to your email signature
Getting your product pitches ready
- The idea is to showcase your wares and give them as much ‘air’ time as you can.
- Have product knowledge to hand: what order will you present them, colour, sizes etc
- Have some products ready as giveaways
- Have a background that is festive so your participants can feel festive too
- You know your products better than anyone, let this shine through.
Useful link in prepping your wares
The big day[s]
- Be ready as if you were going to a market or fayre
- Get space set up phone fully charged and stable for the duration of your Live. Your products at the ready. Time to Lead your Live!
- Allow time for people to join in. Don’t zoom straight in, have a bit of hello/welcome and for fans to give a thumbs up or ask questions or let you know where they are tuning in from.
- When you are ready - Do your thing – walk/talk through your wares – new products.
- Let people know how to purchase from you and how they can connect with you after the Live
- When all is done end your Live thanking everyone and reiterate how people can buy, keep in touch/follow up with you.
- Follow up on messages etc, process your orders and confirmations
- Most definitely Celebrate!
- And possibly think about doing it again [if you haven’t done so already].
Create a visual/post for your page to thank everybody for joining you, [and share advance notice of your next one]. Wear a permanent grin on your face, be proud of doing this especially those who have stepped into new territory with Faceboo Lives!
Now the beauty of hosting your Live from your page is that you can use the permalink to share across other platforms. [My clients regularly use them to upload to YouTube and include in tweets and newsletter updates]. So make use of your link and share.
And you needn’t do it alone. Several of you could team up for a Facebook Live Fest. Working with the formula above, each host having their time to pitch and wrapping up by tagging in details of the next Facebook Live Party and making sure everyone heads off to the next one.
Some more useful links
If you need help in planning and creating your own Facebook Live event, or simply want ears and eyes to to scan your plan, please get in touch.
I am looking forward to seeing lots of Facebook Live invitations coming my way!!